Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: E-bay problems

  1. #11
    HB Forum Owner Miss_Nellie_OMalley's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2005
    Posts
    569
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am an avide seller and buyer on ebay and my suggestion to you is to report her. Take pictures of the doll, because ebay may require this as proof of the false listing. DO NOT WAIT to file a report you only have between 30 and 45 days to file a report if you hope to get your money back.

    Go ahead and file the report... at first I was hesitant to do this, and it ended up COSTING me a refund We all want to be nice and make sure we don't jump the gun... an ebay report is not like a police report.... it is the proper way to say "Hey I've got a problem" Ebay gives the seller time to write back explaining or apologizing... The purpose of the report is so that ebay has it on file that there was a problem. If you can't work it out between you and the seller through the report then ebay steps in...

    Contact ebay immediatly... they will help you walk you through what you should do etc. If you need me to help you research anything just drop me a pm or email

    Do not let time slip by because ebay and paypal have their own time limits to file disputes

  2. #12
    Inactive Member ladydi43's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 11th, 2003
    Posts
    222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well I have tried to turn her in ans I cant do anything because I bought the doll after the auction closed. So i am out of luck so I guess I will keep trying with the seller DD wants to keep herand just get new legs and try to clean the head the spots are faint yellow spots that tare not all the same size.I will try and post phots but they dont show up very well. Be back soon with photo link. Diane

  3. #13
    Inactive Member beccachris's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 7th, 2005
    Posts
    212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Diane,

    If you paid via Paypal, you should be able to go directly to Paypal and file a claim. I don't think it matters with them where you got the item.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member rafferty's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 2005
    Posts
    359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi, I thought after we spoke the other day that the seller may not care because you did get her after auction so you can't "rate" her. Paypal is for sure the way to go with this because they do care because you paid through them. As for this seller, she isn't fair. Fact is the doll may not look exactly the same because YOU CLEANED HER UP! UGH! I hope you get the refund you are wanting for the limbs. I wonder if Paypal would work with you on just that part or only a full refund. I have never had a problem like this one before. Very annoying! [img]mad.gif[/img]

    Shelly

    PS DH loved "THE" story I told him... [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

  5. #15
    Inactive Member annkirstin's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    405
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    How did you get her after the auction was over? Did you just contact her or did she give you a second chance offer? Because that would make a difference.

  6. #16
    ponydreamer
    Guest ponydreamer's Avatar

    Post

    I had something kind of similar happen to me once. I bought a Gotz doll from and eBay seller. She packed her in newspaper, and the box had other dirt and weird stuff in it. The doll was really dirty when she got to me. She was supposed to be mint. She was in her orinal box, inside of the shipping box, but the plastic on the box was ripped. So the dirt and grimmy new paper shreds got the doll really dirty.

    I tried to talk with the seller....she just threatened me with a neg. feedback. I decided to suck it up. I cleaned the doll up, and re-sold her. It still makes me mad!

    Some sellers just really do not care. [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img]

  7. #17
    Inactive Member mandasmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2003
    Posts
    326
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If you bought her outside of ebay, it might not even be the same doll she had listed. She might have had one in poor condition that she decided to substitute, since she knew you couldn't leave neg feedback. I would do as others have suggested and contact paypal. Did you pay using a credit card through paypal? If so, maybe you can see about getting the payment reversed through them too. She sounds like a crook to me. What was her feedback like?

  8. #18
    Inactive Member ladydi43's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 11th, 2003
    Posts
    222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    here is the link. the picture are not that good it is hard to see. but it is all over.i got the ink off .
    http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2121742619
    The auction had ended and I asked her if she still had the doll and was putting it back on and she sold it to me .If it wasnt for the yellow dots ever where she would have been great I could of delt with everything else. Yes I spoke with paypal and they said it does not matter in what cindition it came if it came is all that matters. What a joke i thought that you were safe if you use paypal but you are not it is only if the item does not come or the sell went all the way through the e-bay system . So ladys do not buy unless you go all the way through e-bay . The seller is very rude and thinks ag dolls legs should swing arroung like pompoms.I have not heard anymore from her . My DD is so upset it was her money and her Doll. thanks for all your support.I just wish I knew what those yellow spots where from . It is like a splash pattern but even in the leg joint like if maybe a pair of pants rub color off. what do you all think sorry photos are so bad. Thanks Diane

  9. #19
    Inactive Member historylover's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 18th, 2005
    Posts
    133
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If you purchased the doll after the auction ended, it is considered being purchased outside ebay. Therefore, ebay is not responsible in any way. If you were the person who contacted the seller first, the seller can turn you in to ebay for attemping to buy things outside ebay which is against the rules. If the seller contacted you and it was not a second chance offer, she can be turned into ebay for fee avoidance.

    PayPal will work with you, but they will tell you first never to make any sort of purchase outside ebay. If you do, they can not guarantee you will get your money back. I had this happen to me a few months back and it was the seller who was at fault. PayPal did get my money back since the seller was guilty of a few other things and all the PayPal reps I had to speak with were wonderful, but they all stressed to never make any purchases outside ebay because they are not guaranteed.

  10. #20
    Inactive Member historylover's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 18th, 2005
    Posts
    133
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by ladydi43:
    here is the link. the picture are not that good it is hard to see. but it is all over.i got the ink off .
    http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2121742619
    The auction had ended and I asked her if she still had the doll and was putting it back on and she sold it to me .If it wasnt for the yellow dots ever where she would have been great I could of delt with everything else. Yes I spoke with paypal and they said it does not matter in what cindition it came if it came is all that matters. What a joke i thought that you were safe if you use paypal but you are not it is only if the item does not come or the sell went all the way through the e-bay system . So ladys do not buy unless you go all the way through e-bay . The seller is very rude and thinks ag dolls legs should swing arroung like pompoms.I have not heard anymore from her . My DD is so upset it was her money and her Doll. thanks for all your support.I just wish I knew what those yellow spots where from . It is like a splash pattern but even in the leg joint like if maybe a pair of pants rub color off. what do you all think sorry photos are so bad. Thanks Diane
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">We must have been typing at the same time. Sorry to hear they couldn't help you. My case was a little different so maybe that is why I got my money back. The yellow looks like highlighter. If you will use Remove-Zit from Twin Pines, the yellow will come out easily. It should only take one application.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ August 25, 2005 10:04 PM: Message edited by: historylover ]</font>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •